Accessible Customer Service Policy at Burlington Hyundai
Providing Goods and Service to People with Disabilities
Burlington Hyundai is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff members are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Our staff will ensure that the principle of the Accessibility Standard are adhered at all times:
- Dignity: we will provide services in a manner that maintains self-respect to our customers at all times
- Independence: we will allow persons to do things on their own
- Integration: persons with disabilities will benefit from the same services as others
- Equal opportunity: all persons shall be treated in an equal manner
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are permitted in all areas of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. The support person will not be charged access fees.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the events of a planned or unexpected disruption to service or facilities for customers with disabilities for automotive sales, service or collision repairs at any location, Burlington Hyundai will notify customers promptly.
This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, it’s anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or service, if available. This notice will be placed at or near the disrupted service or facility.
Training for Staff
Burlington Hyundai will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or third parties on their behalf.
All individuals in our organization will be trained, with particular focus on staff who interact with customers on a daily basis.
This training will be provided during orientation at time of hire and will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontario’s with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Burlington Hyundai’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficult in accessing Burlington Hyundai’s goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our Accessible Customer Service Policy.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Burlington Hyundai provides good and services to people with disabilities can contact the Customer Retention Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All feedback will be directed to the relevant Manager. In most circumstance a response will be provided within 14 days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.